A Thermal/structural Test Technician is needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the Mountain View, CA area. BS (MS prefer) in Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering or 3+ years of experience working with consumer electronic product development in the area of thermal/structural testing.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $64.22 - 76.20 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Take responsibility for lab management including, equipment purchases and setup, equipment maintenance, inventory management, and other general lab maintenance
- Experience with thermal testing specifically on consumer electronics in an R&D lab environment.
- Experience with thermal chambers, thermocouples, thermal meters, power supplies, DAQ, DICs,etc.
- Experience with mechanical test equipment - Instron, drop towers, machine shop equipment, and strain gauges, etc., to perform part and device calibration/validation
- Experience with material characterization using tension, compression, three-point bending, four-point bending experiments, etc.
- Experience setting up tests and instrumentation for data collection & reporting DAQ.
- Comfortable entering command sequences (adb, python) and modifying test scripts.
- Work from schematics, CAD drawings, rough engineering drawings and/or verbal instruction.
- Appropriately select the proper test equipment that shall be utilized for the particular test that will need to be performed.
- Experience with excel and Google software suite (Drive, Sheets, Docs, Meet).
- Be flexible enough to perform tests in multiple testing environments that may involve electrical, mechanical, thermal, etc.
- Education: BS (MS prefer) in Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering or 3+ years of experience working with consumer electronic product development in the area of thermal/structural testing. Experience with thermal chambers, thermocouples, thermal meters, power supplies, DAQ, DICs,etc. to run thermal testing. Experience with mechanical test equipment such as instron, drop towers, strain gauges for structural testing. Prefer experience working with consumer electronics
- Specific Tools or Applications experience: adb, Google software suite
- Python, matlab or other scripting languages
- Background in thermal/heat transfer
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.