A construction Project Engineer is needed in Ohio. Candidates need to have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in chemical or mechanical engineering. Preferred work experience of maker, petrochemicals distributor or design-build contractor. Must be able to show a track record of Project Management and Coordination, Contract / Change Management, Cost Engineering and Issue Resolution. Owner's Rep/Engineer experience is a plus.
location: Ravenna, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 47 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
· Coordinate and Communicate with client`s Team
· Monitors day-to-day project activities at site
· Oversee Local Design-Build Contractor
· Interface Management between Local Design-Build Contractor and outside firms such as client`s process equipment supplier, etc.
· Monitors and tracks Contractors` Progress and Schedule
· Attends necessary status and directional meetings
· Monitor workflow / process diagrams and project documentation
· Reports and Supports Project Manager to make intelligent/informed decisions as requires
· Provides detailed knowledge of Engineering standards, technical methods and existing processes
· Manage and Resolve Prime and Subcontract claims and back charges
· Identify Risk and Mitigation Plans for the project
· Reviews plans and other technical documents, answers questions regarding the scope and/or scheduling of the project, and monitors costs and project progress.
· Development of cost estimates or tentative schedules, if any
· Support Environmental Permitting Process
· Set-up necessary Plans & Procedures such as Grievance and Community Communications
· Review submittals for general conformance with construction documents on the Owner's behalf, and ensure that the Owner is kept apprised of items that they need to make decisions on; ensure that appropriate parties are reviewing and stamping submittals and determine if additional consultants need to review them; provide comment to the Owner on adequacy of materials specified.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.