A Equipment Mechanical Engineer is needed for an American social media conglomerate corporation in the Sunnyvale, CA area. As an Equipment Mechanical Engineer at Reality Labs, you will be responsible for design, development and bring-up of new innovative equipment technologies that are core to delivering transformative experience in AR/VR products. You should have Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in process development in consumer electronics or related fields.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $58.67 - 88.01 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Lead design and development of technically complex manufacturing equipment for backend integration processes and metrology
- Lead the equipment architecture down-selection to enable new processes across our product lines
- Develop, execute, and document qualification test plans for individual performance metrics as well as module level operations
- Support manufacturing activities by acting as a point of contact for troubleshooting, new feature/process rollout, and materials/process testing
- Provide early and ongoing manufacturing support to ensure that new equipment is scalable for HVM
- Lead equipment manufacturers through DFMEA to early prototype demonstration unites and all the way through HVM
- Write scripts to automate tests, develop tools to analyze and present data
- Bring up and validate equipment before development vehicle or engineering builds
- Create and manage acceptance test procedures to validate equipment performance upon installation at target site
- Document test plans, troubleshooting procedures, application notes, upgrade validation procedures and acceptance testing metrics
- Create and execute long term performance stability tests
- Demonstrate failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving for product yield and quality issue through FMEA/DFM/DFT/DFX and various DOEs format
- Lead functional technology groups and drive cross-functional decisions on equipment development and architecture
- Support failure analysis on systems returned from the field and use data to improve processes, materials and equipment
- Master/Ph.D. in relevant degree with background in module equipment development
- Experience with 1+ full life cycle product launches including production ramp and HVM
- Hands-on experience in the development of module equipment such as lamination, ACF bonding, dispensing, molding and laser machining
- Experience testing and qualifying performance metrics such as: functional test, accuracy, throughput, motion control performance and software configuration
- Demonstrated ability to perform DOE, data analysis and SPC control
- Demonstrated experience with failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving for product yield and quality issues
- CAD experience with SolidWorks, AutoCad, Inventor, Pro/Engineer or equivalent. Experience measuring and compensating for errors in a positioning system using laser interferometers, calibration plates, and/or other techniques strongly desired
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent data handling, documentation, critical milestone creation, and organization skill
- Programming experience (Python, Matlab, VB for Excel, LabView) desired. Proficiency/familiarity with analytical tools such as Matlab, JMP, and Excel
- Experience in working with subcontract manufacturing partners
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.