Contract Opportunity: Engineering client has an IMMEDIATE NEED for an Assistant GIS Specialist for a temp to possible perm opportunity in Greensburg, PA. You will be expected to assist in developing, updating, analyzing, and managing GIS data for multiple electric utility transmission and distribution construction projects. You will need to be local or within commuting distance.
location: Greensburg, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Assist in GIS analysis, data development, data maintenance and data preparation for use in GIS applications
- Assist with GIS mapping and data collection tasks
- Reviewing field data in via ArcGIS Online
- Work directly with the client's ESRI ArcMap system
- Work closely within functional teams to deliver GIS data and GIS services to clients, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, customer commitment, sense of urgency, and continuous improvement
- Utilize various software packages & information from various sources (MS Access databases, MS Excel spreadsheets and documents such as deeds, field notes etc.) to create GIS maps to support field personnel as well as for deliverables
- Assist with analyzing reports, drawings, and calculations; create and maintain BOM and cable schedule
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.