An Electrical Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Griffin, GA area. Candidate should have Bachelors in electrical engineering or electrical engineer technologist and 5 years experience and Associates or technical degree with 7-10 years experience.
location: Griffin, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $30.00 - 42.14 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design, develop, and test the manufacture of electrical equipment, including machinery controls, wiring, and lighting.
- Evaluate the cost effectiveness, reliability and safety of certain design models.
- Estimate time and cost to complete projects.
- Simulate and test machine/structure/system operation. Investigate and test vendors' and competitors' products.
- Individual will have responsibility for working closely with operations, supply chain, global purchasing and suppliers on all aspects of electrical design.
- Team member will have design responsibility for Electrical Controls and power distribution for large enclosed generator set solutions.
- Interact with cross functional team to ensure designs meet cost, quality and velocity needs to support customers and business partners.
- Utilization of Creo in both electrical and mechanical spaces to design and develop solutions for power distribution and control of generator set solutions.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure designs meet process partner needs while maintaining customer focus.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Basic leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Ability to perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction and installation standards and specifications.
- Ability to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
- Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
- Creo Schematics
- Creo harnessing
- Creo Cabling
- Electrical Creo Detailing
- Switchgear/Bus gear design
- Electrical generator experience
- BoM management
- SAP experience
- Bachelors in electrical engineering or electrical engineer technologist and 5 years experience.
- Associates or technical degree with 7-10 years experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.