A Design Engineer in the Bethel, CT area is needed for a multinational power management company. Candidate should have Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution and 2 years of electro-mechanical design / project engineering experience required.
location: Bethel, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $32.17 - 45.00 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provides technical ownership of a specific product line / focus area by pursuing alternative design approaches and processes while taking market trends and best practices into account.
- Understands failure modes associated with electro-mechanical systems and is familiar with available market technologies.
- Provides engineering solutions that meet customer performance, weight, cost, and schedule requirements. Works closely with customers to define explicit non-ambiguous end use requirements. Provides technical direction for assigned projects from initial concept phase to product delivery.
- Takes initiative to pursue alternative design approaches and technologies that will improve overall product performance. Proactively learns processes and technologies to support design efforts.
- Establishes technical requirements for fabricated and procured components. Selects materials, finishes, processes, and dimensions required to meet design intent. Works closely with manufacturing engineers, designers, and suppliers to create and release detail and assembly drawings to achieve customer requirements. Visits suppliers and customers as required.
- Works with manufacturing engineers & lab technicians to setup tests & run experiments.
- Hosts design reviews with customers; reviews customer specifications and drawings.
- Performs product design verification and validation testing to determine design compliance.
- Supports product improvement and cost reduction initiatives by evaluating engineering change requests.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of electro-mechanical design / project engineering experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in: design, stress analysis, magnetic properties, seal design, fluid analysis, thermal analysis, materials and processes, requirements management, DFSS.
- Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics Engineering degree preferred.
- Electronics/Aerospace/Automotive industry experience preferred.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.