A Buyer is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Hickory, NC area. Candidate should have Associates Degree required, 4 year degree preferred. Certifications a plus with experience of 3-5 years purchasing with manufacturing environments.
location: Hickory, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $25.71 - 36.57 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for obtaining materials, components, equipment and services.
- Checks requisitions, obtains quotations, examines bids and makes awards.
- Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
- Coordinates purchasing activities.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Issues and checks requisitions, obtains quotations, examines bids and makes awards.
- Continually develops new supply sources to augment and provide competition to existing vendors and suppliers.
- Coordinates purchasing activities for new and developmental materials.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Use of Excel workbooks.
- Writing documents and memoranda in Word.
- Development of PowerPoint slides.
- Well developed cold-call skills.
- All Microsoft; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Vendor Mgmt, Change Mgmt, Familiar with PeopleSoft, Ariba
- Associates Degree required , 4 year degree preferred.
- Certifications a plus.
- 3-5 years purchasing with manufacturing environments.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.