A Optical Engineer is needed for an American social media conglomerate corporation in the Sunnyvale, CA area. Candidate should have Bachelor's degree in the field of Optical Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Image Processing or a related technical discipline and Experiences in image quality testing of camera systems and familiar with image quality metrics.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $63.33 - 95.53 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Collaborate with opto-ME, EE, and optics teams to design, build and bringup lab setups for image data acquisition of camera prototypes to support camera design studies.
- Develop and document camera test methodologies to support 2D/3D camera system performance analysis.
- Develop and debug test scripts for image data collection automation.
- Processing, analysis and organizing measurement data; presentation of initial analysis.
- Drive supplier interaction and management in order to deliver camera prototypes in support of concept demonstrations.
- Operate, calibrate and perform routine maintenance of lab equipments.
- Experiences in image quality testing of camera systems and familiar with image quality metrics.
- Hands on experience in the development of opto-mechanical lab setups for camera system performance study.
- Familiar with optical metrology.
- Experiences in Python, Matlab or other scripting software for automated image capture.
- Experiences with image data processing and analysis 11284-1.
- Experiences in camera calibration and modeling of imaging systems.
- Experiences in documentation of camera test procedure and methodologies.
- Familiar with image sensor, imaging optics, and image processing algorithms.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and managing a project independently from start to finish.
- Working, communicating, and collaborating in a cross-functional team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Optical Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Image Processing or a related technical discipline
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.