Our client is transforming its line of industrial products into connected platforms that require reliable and extensible last-mile connectivity. This position works to build embedded applications for the Industrial Internet of things. This role is responsible for the design, development and deployment life cycle of embedded systems. This role is familiar with a range of embedded systems, from microprocessor and microcontroller architectures through networking technologies for local as well as wide area networks.
location: Richland, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Lead efforts to design and engineer control systems in associated markets for the purpose of seamless integration of the various components of the system.
- Identify industry specifications and determine conformance.
- Develop control systems interface, maintenance, and training approaches and documentation including functional diagrams, schematics, interface control documents, reports of performance, function, safety, and reliability requirements analysis, system function, and/or existing technology/manufacturing capability.
- Furnish all controls-related hardware and peripherals.
- Design web-based user interface for view by engineers, support and service technicians, and end users. Provide technical support for system installation as needed.
- Keep informed of new technologies, developments, products, applications and competitor trends. Identify and recommend new products, solutions, technical brochures and engineering/ application data needs to comply with industry needs.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (Masters Preferred)
- 10 to 15 years Simulink experience
- 10 to 15 years of experience developing control algorithms
- Experience Pneumatic control
- Experience on bus suspension control
- Experience with central tire inflation system control
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.