A large global manufacturing solutions provider based just outside of Vancouver, WA is looking for an Engineer III. Qualified candidates must have the following skills:
Understands processes and has a basic understanding of various manufacturing techniques
· strong knowledge of engineering theories, design principles and practices, and design evaluation techniques.
**********RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE**********
location: Vancouver, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,272 - 109,076 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Design and develops complex plastic molded sub-assemblies, components, and packaging as assigned.
· Develops and implements changes to product design and/or the manufacturing process to achieve efficiency, quality, and/or cost improvements by participating in new product development programs.
· Develops requirement specifications, system concepts, CAD generated machine layouts, detail drawings, BOM's and budgets. Makes layouts of complex assemblies and details of parts of devices, mechanisms and structures.
· Provides customer product design engineering for economic production; may participate in meetings with customers.
· Assesses proper material, tooling, automation and equipment selection.
· Works with manufacturing to trouble-shoot problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, methods development, and the development of process parameters.
· Participates in product development meetings and may make recommendations to product design changes to enhance manufacturing and assembly.
· Conduct proof of concept experiments and design other testing requirements as needed.
· Develop SOP's operations and maintenance manuals.
· Research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology.
· Understanding of Lean Six Sigma tools, projects and processes and ability to incorporate these into assigned engineering projects.
· May assume lead role in small or sub-section of large project, as assigned.
· Reviews completed projects for accuracy, clarity and completeness.
· Ensures projects are compliant with all local, regional, and national regulatory requirements, codes and controls.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.