Fortune 300 Galvanized Steel manufacturer seeks to hire a Shift Supervisor as a result of a pending retirement. The Supervisor will lead a team that works a 4 on 4 off work schedule rotating days/nights. Non-union workforce. Excellend pay and profit sharing.
- High school grad or GED
- Proven track record as a leader regarding safety
- Excellent communication skills and experience
- Supervision skills and experience in manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor
- Experience with high levels of responsibility and decision-making
- strong trouble-shooting skills
- Possess a strong desire for continuous improvement
- Must be self-motivated
- AS, BA, BS, degree
- Technical degree preferred
- Process Engineer interested in operations
- Galvanizing Line knowledge and experience
- Steel, metals manufacturing experience
- mechanical aptitude
- sorganizational and planning skills
- strong computer skills (web applications, Microsoft Office Products)
location: PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervision of personnel and operations.
- Ensure safety of personnel, quality of product, production rates, Maintenance, Shipping and enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Facilitation of effective communication between all crews
- Coordinating logistics and scheduling with crews
- Process development and operating practice improvements
- Interact with Sales, Materials, and Customers on operational issues/new product applications
- Interact with QA/metallurgists to implement effective product development trials
- Interact with maintenance on special projects
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Associates (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information