The Plant Mechanical Engineer is responsible for developing the scope and cost estimates for capital projects as well as the implementation and startup of those capital projects that gain approval, various process improvement efforts, day to day technical support at the plant level when called upon, and various other duties within the technical realm of the manufacturing plants. The Engineer works closely with the Plant Managers, Operations and Maintenance Team Leaders, as well as the maintenance technicians and operations employees.
- BS Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 2+ yeas experience in manufacturing/production related engineering role
- Must possess strong mathematical and problem solving skills
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively with many different individuals within The organization
- Good written and oral communication skills
- strong analytical ability
- strong computer skills
location: PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, coordinating, installing, and commissioning capital projects in a safe and efficient manner
- Reviews established procedures and processes and makes recommendations for continuous improvement
- Provide technical support to evaluate new outside services and equipment
- Provide technical support to keep the production lines running in the safest most efficient manner possible
- Will participate as a key member of the team in the development of new products, projects, procedures, etc...
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.