Growing manufacturer in Toledo is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to add to their maintenance engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar, and at least 3 years of maintenance manufacturing experience. This role serves as a technical resource for planning and scheduling mechanical maintenance and supporting plant reliability. Knowledge of mechanical systems and troubleshooting abilities required.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Toledo, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provide maintenance engineering support to ensure plant equipment efficiency is maximized
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and execution of mechanical maintenance
- Provide engineering design and specifications for mechanical equipment and systems including but not limited to rotating equipment, piping systems, vessels, conveyors and other mechanical equipment
- Evaluate existing system and component capabilities by analyzing data utilizing engineering software
- Utilize various reliability tools in support of continuous improvement
- Perform Root Cause Analysis in support of operational event and equipment failure investigations
- Be the lead on specific predictive technologies such as NDE/NDT, oil analysis, vibration analysis, thermography, ultrasonics and motor circuit analysis
- Advise the production team with regard to risks related to equipment reliability and mechanical integrity
- Prepare capital expenditure documentation and cost projections; Document problematic equipment
- Analyze operational and maintenance equipment history to deliver improvements in critical maintenance related metrics and KPI's
- Provide mechanical technical guidance and assistance with trouble-shooting to Shift Supervisors
- Direct and coordinate the work performed by operating employees as required for new equipment installations or testing to ensure conformity to engineering design and specifications
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required
- Experience in predictive technologies such as NDE/NDT, oil analysis, vibration analysis, thermography, ultrasonics, and motor circuit analysis
- 3+ years of plant-level maintenance mechanical engineering experience with mechanical systems in the petrochemical, metals, or mineral processing industry.
- Knowledge of machinery design, statistics and project management required
- Demonstrated skills with capital justification, budget development and expenditure
- High proficiency while working within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and utilizes its functionality to correlate the data for reliability analysis
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated equipment troubleshooting skills required
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information