Growing and industry leading manufacturing company is looking for a Production Scheduler in the Abingdon, Virginia area. This is a day shift position Monday thru Friday.
This role comes with a very competitive salary ranging from $65k to $85k plus relocation assistance.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Abingdon, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Plan and schedule workflow for each department and operation to maintain/improve established manufacturing sequences and lead times utilizing the Plant Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Release manufacturing work orders and assign to the production floor.
- Coordinate/expedite manufacturing builds to ensure production schedules are achieved, as well as ensuring timely shipment to customer.
- Partners with the Plant Manager, Value Stream Leaders, Procurement, and Sales to ensure seamless production to meet customer needs.
- Monitors the production plan daily to ensure it fully supports the MPS and continually meets customer service goals, inventory levels, production efficiency and capacity objectives.
- Runs daily production reports to review open sales orders, monitors backlog, identifies shortages and/or production issues.
- Interacts with the procurement team to expedite purchased goods.
- Acts as the primary contact with the appropriate Customer Service Representatives (CSR) for matters regarding production status, schedule changes, and shipping information. May adjust schedule in response to customer feedback/requirements, product availability and manufacturing capacity.
- Prepares reports for analysis on inventory, on time shipments, performance to schedules and updates inventory levels based on current data and KPI requirements.
- Supports the launch of new items (trial scheduling, inventory control, sample order management, etc.).
- Review production schedules to maintain machine loading to prevent machine down time.
- Establish sequential dates to departments according to job order priorities.
- Compile and maintain manual or computerized records such as in process reports, status and location of materials.
- Coordinate with receiving supervisor to ensure parts are picked and ready to machine when needed.
- Coordinate with tool setters to make sure tooling is prepared when needed.
- Establish daily priorities by machining center.
- Complete understanding of route sheets.
- Expedite operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to execute across various MRP/ERP systems.
- Demonstrated ability in using Lean manufacturing tools and processes to drive continuous improvement across complex organizations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) as well as Internet software and E-mail is required. Extended knowledge and experience in ERP systems.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates a willingness to accept change and new approaches, including additional responsibilities.
- Proven ability to lead by influence.
- Project management and multitasking skills along with the ability to navigate conflicting priorities.
- Associates Degree from two-year college or technical school.
- 2+ years related experience and/or combination of education and experience.
- Machinery knowledge preferred.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information