A Dev/Research Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Chillicothe, IL area. The primary responsibilities will be to utilize analytical techniques to develop and validate cooling systems used in construction, mining, power generation, marine applications and locomotives. These applications can include internal combustion engines or battery electric systems.
location: Chillicothe, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 46.42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The job duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to selection of cooling system layouts, sizing and selection of heat exchangers and fans using 1D tools, CFD analysis of cooling components such as pumps, radiators and aftercoolers, CFD analysis of underhood environments to assess airflow and component temperatures, correlating analysis results to test, communicating analysis results, suggesting design improvements to product development teams, determining the root cause of issues and continually developing and improving analysis processes and tools.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Related Engineering Field.
- strong analytical background.
- MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or Related Engineering Field.
- 2+ years of industry experience.
- strong background in thermo-sciences (courses in fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer).
- 1D or 3D cooling component or system analysis experience.
- Proficiency with CFD tools such as Fluent, Star CCM+ or OpenFOAM.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Python, C++ or Java.
- Working knowledge of diesel engines, powertrain cooling and/or electrification systems.
- Experience using 1D analysis tools such as GT-Suite.
- Proficiency with meshing tools such as ANSA or ANSYS Workbench/SpaceClaim.
- Experience using CAD packages such as Creo.
- Knowledge of product development processes for machines, engines and battery/electric systems.
- Project management skills allowing for handling of multiple projects and priorities.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information