An industry leading facilities engineering services provider located in Farmington Hills, Michigan is looking for a Mobile First Class Building Engineer to join their team. This company has been established for over 50 years with 3,000 employees operating in seven states across the U.S. This Engineer will travel to various sites throughout Michigan to effectively and efficiently operate and maintain all HVAC and MEP equipment.
The hourly rate is commensurate with experience up to $38/hour plus an annual bonus and great health/retirement benefits.
A First Class Refrigeration License is required.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Farmington, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $67,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 7am to 3pm
education: High School
- Apply the company's operation and maintenance standards to ensure safety, efficiency, and operational longevity for all HVAC and MEP related equipment
- Coordinate, oversee, and participate in the successful completion of assigned duties of the Engineering group as directed by the Chief Engineer
- Prioritize assigned tasks to the Engineering group and execute necessary changes
- Act without approval to ensure that standards are maintained in the absence of the Property manager and / or Chief Engineer
- Ensure adequate supply of common and special parts, supplies, tools, equipment, and materials required by the Engineering group
- Assist in the administration of the Preventive Maintenance program to ensure records are accurate and complete, tasks are performed on schedule, and historic data is preserved
- Prepare Engineering group labor reports and time records as directed by the Engineering Manager
- Actively lead energy conservation initiatives and reports.
- Direct subordinates to ensure strict adherence to start, lunch, and stop times
- Direct subordinates to ensure optimum productivity and time management
- Provide support to Property Manager and Chief Engineer to ensure compliance with all governmental codes, laws, and regulations
- Supervise and coordinate contractor activities as directed and needed for the property
- Develop and maintain favorable professional relationships with tenants by providing prompt and courteous response to Tenant Service Requests in Workspeed
- Demonstrate willingness to accept new and challenging assignments
- Prepare preliminary employee evaluations as directed by the Chief Engineer
- Coordinate engineer shifts, time off, on-call schedule and overtime as needed to obtain the least cost to the Company for labor services
- First Class Refrigeration License is required
The essential functions of this role include:
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information