To develop and evaluate new processes and improve current process capability, efficiency, and overall productivity in all areas of manufacturing on new and existing products. in support of the Corporate WIN Strategy. Responsible for the programming / troubleshooting of CNC equipment, designing of tools, fixtures, and gauges, and determination of process parameters to achieve desired production goals and quality standards.
**RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE**
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
This job has no supervisory responsibility; however, this position mentors entry-level Manufacturing Engineers and new employees.
Must have ability to deal with people at a cross-functional level. Position requires ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form in order to present information and respond to inquiries from employees, customers, and
location: Eugene, Oregon
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develops innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems through identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing processes including conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with suppliers, and soliciting observations from the operators/production technicians.
- Refines and enhances processes by applying continuous improvement and key Lean manufacturing / production principles and techniques to areas of production. Recommends product changes / improvements to Product Engineers.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Coordinates input that may cross multiple teams or areas; makes recommendations, and implements changes.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities,and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements.
- Determines root cause of failure using statistical methods (e.g., design of experiment, SPC) that may result in changes in design, tolerances,or processing methods.
- Evaluates capital equipment investments and prepare cost justifications. Designs and prepares concept drawings of new equipment or modifications to existing equipment.
- Manages the overall implementations of capital equipment projects.
- Develops tooling and fixtures for new products and processes and works with tooling vendors to supply such designs.
- Identifies and implements solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, productivity, and cost reductions.
- Prepares documentation for new manufacturing processes and engineering procedures. Prepares reports summarizing analyzed process information and trends.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others.
- Represents Company on specific projects, leads and participates on project teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in related Engineering or Technology field and 5-7 years of related experience required.
- Must be proficient in CNC programming and have a hands-on approach in the troubleshooting of CNC equipment (i.e., Fanuc, Okuma).
- Good Excellent math skills and familiarity with personal computer and experience with CAD software (Inventor /EdgeCAM, CIMCAD) required for creating process prints, designing tools, fixtures, and gauges. required.
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities to work on projects without supervision.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes preferred. Prefer Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, project management, FMEAs, and quality systems experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information