A leading manufacturing company in Milwaukee, WI is looking for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - Tool & Die Repair to Repair/maintain/troubleshoot tooling. Build/maintain/troubleshoot gages, fixtures and poka yokes. Provide hands on support to production to ensure tools run effectively and efficiently. Receive direction from Team Leads. Interact with manufacturing associates, engineering and outside contractors.
This position pays $29-$32/per hour with OT available at time and a half
location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,320 - 66,560 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
The position is responsible for maintaining progressive dies; assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance of tooling; gage making/design, machining, new business prototyping and other projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Repair/maintain/troubleshoot tooling
- Build/maintain/troubleshoot gages, fixtures and poka yokes
- Provide hands on support to production to ensure tools run effectively and efficiently
- Receive direction from Team Leads.
- Interact with manufacturing associates, engineering and outside contractors.
Customer requirements will be met through effective execution of the company's QMS and documented protocol in their Product Realization Maps, QOP's, QWI's, and forms. Should the appropriate process owner be unable to determine final resolution to meet customer requirements, associates will default to the Organizational Chart for escalation protocol.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to performeach essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Five years journeyman tool & die repair experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated machining skills-machine shop equipment
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills - bench and in-press
- Demonstrated ability to perform MIG welding
- Competency in reading, writing and math
- strong spatial relations and demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- strong communication skills
- Quality conscious
- Open minded to continuous learning
- Team oriented
- Self-starter; strong work ethic
- Completed state indentured tool & die apprenticeship
- Experience setting up and running progressive tooling in metal stamping presses
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting sensors
- Prior exposure/experience in metal stamping with progressive dies
- Adaptability - open to and actively solicit new ideas and opinions.
- Communication - demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional work groups both verbally and in writing. Excellent listening skills.
- Energy - have the stamina and endurance to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce.
- Initiative - proactive and takes action without being prompted.
- Learning agility - continuously seeks new knowledge, creates and fosters a culture of interest, curiosity and learning. Flexible to change, and learns from failure. Seeks to improve processes and products.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - identifies and solves problems, develops innovative solutions, acts decisively, and shows good judgment.
- Self-Discernment - knows personal strengths and limitations and works toward improving weaknesses.
- Team Player - respond to requests from other parts of the organization, and support larger legitimate
- organizational agendas.
- Visual Communication - appreciates the value of drawing a "story" to convey a message to others as opposed to using formal documents and verbal explanations.
Travel: No regular travel is expected.
Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with internal associates. Excellent listening skills.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office helpful.
Safety and Housekeeping: Adhere to safety and housekeeping standards and procedures.
Work Hours: Day shift - Monday through Thursday - 5 am - 3 pm and Night shift - Monday through Thursday
- 4 pm to 2 am
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk, drive a forklift, and lift. The associate is frequently required to sit, bend, stand, stoop and reach.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information