A detailed Engineer is needed in NE Tennessee. Candidates should have a BS degree in Engineering and at least four years of related experience. Should have supply chain development skills and be able to work in a fast paced environment. Must be able to work in a team setting and be able to travel with short notice. Should have an understanding of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 including auditing. Knowledge of VDA 6.0 is a plus. Relocation, salary and benefits
location: Johnson City, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Conduct supplier audits for new suppliers and the existing supplier base.
- Collaborate with the purchasing department in selecting, onboarding and developing new suppliers.
- Monitor supplier's performance to evaluate quality and on time delivery.
- Develop, assign and monitor Key Process Indicators (KPIs) related to delivery performance, quality and capacity.
- Develop and coordinate supplier development programs for improvement and cost reductions.
- Report supplier performance to management.
- Analyze supplier's production processes to determine if capacity and quality standards can be achieved.
- Coordinate the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) on supplier parts.
- Review and understand Control Plans (CP) and Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (PFMEA) documents.
- Work closely with the plant quality department and the purchasing department to escalate issues regarding quality and delivery performance. Ensure supplier corrective actions are completed in a timely manner and verify their effectiveness.
- Provide support to all departments in regards to supplier issues.
- Use the following software programs when performing this job: MAC-PAC, Order Processing, Visio, and Inventory systems, Design, Internet, Project Management, Microsoft Word, Access and Excel.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information