The Buyer is responsible for commodities or assignments requiring application of basic purchasing principles, theories and concepts. The Buyer ensures timely acquisitions of product or service from known sources of supply.
Additionally, the Buyer may resolve issues in the areas of requisition accuracy and completeness, on-time delivery or supplier payment functioning in a closely supervised environment
**RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE**
location: Lithia Springs, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Identifies and recommends suppliers by investigating potential suppliers, researching parts, equipment, machinery, services, and materials availability.
- Conducts supplier site visits and evaluates them as to production capability, performance, delivery, and other key business criteria.
- May complete supplier certification as part of a technical and/or quality team.
- Purchases parts, equipment, and materials by preparing request for quotations and submitting purchase orders with approved suppliers.
- Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers.
- Maintains accurate lead times for assigned commodities.
- Evaluates bids for standard and non-standard items.
- Selects suppliers for lower cost items or items of limited scope and complexity and negotiates price, delivery, quality and service.
- Develops alternate sources of supply by identifying and researching prospective suppliers.
- Monitors and evaluates supplier performance. Advises appropriate personnel of impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery.
- Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating supplier/manufacturing issues. Facilitates the resolution of issues by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel.
- Negotiates and settles damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers.7.
- Provides parts, equipment, and materials information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities and provides suggestions for cost reduction and improved efficiency.
- Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions.
- Complies with Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM) policies and procedures.
4 year college degree Supply Chain management/Business/ Engineering or other relevent discipline
-Experience and/or exposure to supply chain concepts and methodologies, and manufacturing through internships or
-Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation
-Must have intermediate computer skills and be able to understand of electronic processing.
-Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information