The Division Sourcing and Procurement manager for the worlds leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems manages the direction and daily activities of the Divisions procurement of raw materials, parts, equipment and operating supplies required for production of the Divisions products. Responsible for embracing and driving lean enterprises systems throughout the procurement process.
**FULL relocation offered for the right candidate**
location: Saint Marys, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Plans and direct the activities of the Division's purchases of raw materials, supplies, equipment or services.
- Identifies raw material requirements from production specifications, operational schedules and engineering quality requirements.
- Determines the most cost efficient and reliable materials needed for the manufacturing process.
- Establishes preferred supplier selection criteria based on supplier evaluations of price, quality, delivery, certifications, and compliance with governmental procurement regulations.
- Promotes and uses strategic suppliers.
- Interviews, selects and negotiates with suppliers in response to material requirements/cost issues.
- Establishes procedures to leverage the company's position. Ensures purchasing strategy reflects the consistent utilization of local suppliers vs. Group strategic suppliers.
- Works with suppliers to develop and manage continuous improvement programs, addressing quality, delivery, service as well as price.
- Develops standard/automated re-order procedures. Will develop crisis management and supplier backup contingency programs.
- Develops and benchmarks best practices among the Divisions suppliers and maintain accurate measurements and records for evaluation of suppliers.
- Ensures purchases and capital expenditures are consistent with Division strategies and within department budgets.
- Responsible for integrating the Division with electronic interfacing throughout the purchasing function.
- Minimum of 6-8 years purchasing/managerial experience.
- 4 year college degree in business, engineering, or materials management required with certification in supply chain management preferred.
- Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
- Must have functional understanding of cost accounting and adopt to practical application.
- Must have advanced computer skills and be able to understand of electronic processing.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Must be an innovator and embrace lean enterprises principles and practices.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. permanent resident required
- Experience level: Director
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information