Manufacturer in Canton, OH is seeking a Mechanical Designer to design machine elements and complex assemblies. The ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years of experience with automation, motion control and complex machine design. Solidworks experience required. Tooling design a plus.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Canton, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Produce complete assembly and detail drawings for automated machinery and tooling using Solidworks
- Interface with vendors/suppliers regarding parts deviation.
- Participate in meetings with suppliers and customers
- Assist in creation and updates of machinery manuals.
- Interface with shop floor assembly technicians to review design criteria/specifications, continuous improvement initiatives, andtroubleshooting.
- Chair design review meetings for part and assembly designs.
- Construct/edit BOM's electronically through ERP and CAD systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on Machine Design preferred.
- Associate degree with relevant experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of good modeling/drafting practices and GD&T tolerancing required.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with automation, motion control and complex machine design
- Tool & Die design experience is beneficial, as well as PLC based electromechanical designs
- 3D Solidworks solid modeling proficiency required as well as 2D Autocad
- MS Office software experience required
- Ability to take ownership for project completion, cost and success
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well independently and with a team
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information