We are looking for Manufacturing Project Engineers to support our customer with planning and execution of manufacturing-based projects while improving production capacities and efficiencies. If you are an engineer that enjoys being exposed to new challenges regularly, this could be an amazing opportunity for you!
location: Downers Grove, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Help drive interesting projects serving customers from concepts & planning through implementation & after care phases including all aspects of engineering-based manufacturing projects.
- Project aspects may include: need based analysis/design, 2D/3D CAD for layouts and/or parts/machinery, supplier RFQ's/onboarding/management, basic timelines and budgets, and onsite/offsite project management and implementations including problem solving.
- A wide range of technologies and manufacturing processes
- Excellence in supplier management to ensure meeting design intent, functionality, scope, timing, and quality in all phases of the projects, both offsite, and onsite
- "Hands On" as required, including varying periods of time at the customer site(local) for implementations, based on project phases and needs
- Good verbal and written communication along with maintaining good relationships with others
- Mentor junior engineers in the context of project and engineering activities
- Minor travel may be required for machinery run offs and similar at supplier sites
- Familiarity with low volume vehicle assembly and related systems is a plus
- Work with minimal direction from the Project Director, who sets broad direction/goals
- Other duties as assigned within the capability of the employee
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information