A compression molding and liquid paint manufacturing organization, is currently looking to add a Paint Process Engineer to their growing team in their Johnson Creek, WI and Mauston, WI Facilities. These are brand new positions, to meet their growing business, and would be responsible for working in their paint shops and helping oversee the paint robotic operations and processes. These positions will work closely with their current Engineering team and the Vice President of Manufacturing. This Paint Automation Engineer candidate must have detailed knowledge of FANUC robotics and paint path programming.
location: JOHNSON CREEK, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
A rapidly growing company in Johnson Creek and Mauston, WI is hiring Paint Process Engineers to support growth at both locations. The Paint Process Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the paint standards within the plant. This will involve implementing the most effective methods to follow, stabilize, and optimize those processes and results and will be the subject matter expert of their assigned process. In addition, they will participate in the launch of all new product and process introductions, along with new paint line and robot installations, in addition to managing the paint mixing room area and paint supplier activities.
- Follow-up all Engineering changes concerning the introduction of new colors from paint supplier selection to final customer validation
- Lead color improvement progress plan
- Support Color Matching with the customers
- Manage paint supplier through continuous improvement and ensure that paint incoming process is respected. (Including paint stock coverage)
- Support new projects launches in line with requirements
- Control and optimize process parameters
- Stabilize and optimize painting area performance (paint consumption, scraps reduction)
- Test and validate technical solutions (Projects, changes in the plant, equipment supplier)
- Analyze process failures
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and productivity
- Participate in paint assessment
- Develop the paint processes and systems ensuring a framework that will achieve world class standards of quality and service to the Customer and to achieve environmental compliance.
- Own the paint process FMEA for your area and make sure that standardized work practices are being used
- Establish and continually monitor process Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Establish effective communication channels with the team to develop knowledge, and ensure consistent business goals
- Support the development of the paint mixing room team to deliver best in class processes and standards.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained by the Paint team.
- Work with other departments to support and solve joint problems - molding, assembly, and quality control.
- Support with coaching and training within the Paint team and technicians.
- Assess/analyze current processes and drive improvement projects for Safety, Quality, Throughput, and Cost.
- Ensure critical process parameters are properly documented and tracked using Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodologies.
- Ensure appropriate TPM systems are in place and appropriate actions taken to maintain the facility in good operating condition.
- Undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and/or Plastics Engineering
- Ability to lead, coach and engage teams
- Process orientated
- Previous experience in a similar role within Manufacturing (desirable)
- Previous experience in a similar role within Automotive (desirable)
- Paint experience and colorimetry management knowledge (essential
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information