Rapidly growing company on the cutting edge of new construction technology and processes is currently in search for a Structural Design Lead position due to continued strong sales. The Structural Design Lead is the owner of structural systems as it relates to the company platform.
The Structural Design Lead will be responsible for the design, manufacture, and assembly of buildings on site for several standardized building programs. They will lead a team that includes design detailers, manufacturing line leaders and field erectors to define and continually improve the way that the organization builds, and is responsible for the leadership of a team that develops the building design from beginning to end with input from consultant engineers, program design leadership, architects, steel fabricators and steel erection teams.
The Structural Design Lead position also comes with a comprehensive compensation package with benefits including: health, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts, paid time off, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance and a 401k plan.
location: Bessemer, Alabama
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop and contribute to the continuous improvement of company structural systems at the platform level.
- Defines best in class process for design and management of structural systems through the continuity of the project, from design to manufacturing, to site assembly.
- Leads the team of design detailers, manufacturing line leaders and field installers/ erectors to achieve best in class process and product
- Develops preliminary design concepts with larger design team
- Develops and coordinates building structural systems in a building information model (BIM)
- Collaborates and coordinate with project managers, architects, civil, and mechanical engineers
- Optimizes the structural system to simplify manufacture and assembly and to reduce construction waste
- Generates steel BOM for delivery to supply chain.
- Directs internal technical drafting staff to produce detailed manufacturing drawings for factory and field assembly of structural systems
- Coordinates construction/manufacturing document content with all disciplines to assure complete and accurate agreement
- Analyzes shop drawings for design compliance and submittal documents.
- Produce quantity takeoffs for cost estimates from BIM.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information