Great opportunity to join a growing global company as a Mechanical Engineer. Candidates should have experience with heavy machinery or industrial equipment. Experience with mining equipment highly preferred.
location: York, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Based on the level of knowledge and experience, mechanical engineers are required to make design layouts, drawings, and write bills of material. Must have the ability to perform efficiently and accurately on CAD and utilize FEA software to complete designs. Must be able to read and utilize information from diagrams, previous designs, and vendor drawings. Ability to check mechanical drawings and their bills of material for completeness, accuracy, neatness, and conformance to recognized drafting practices, company policies, procedures, and standards. Must be able to perform calculations to figure loads/stresses with structural steel.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Completing complex engineering calculations.
- Preparing engineering drawings by using good drafting/design and computer programs as approved by client.
- Producing technically sound designs that meet the contract requirements.
- Applying mechanical engineering knowledge, principles and best practices to meet customer requirements and specifications.
- Showing a commitment to quality ethics and a focus on meeting the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Observing safety regulations and exhibiting a concern for safety.
- Assisting in development projects.
- Providing input to facilitate process improvement.
- Undertaking other duties as may be assigned by the Engineering Manager or other management personnel.
- Traveling (both domestically and internationally) may be required as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experienced in Autodesk Inventor is preferred
- Experience using AutoCAD Mechanical is required
- Experience using an FEA modeling package (Pro-E/Solidworks/NX/ ANSYS, etc.) preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office Products
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience is required
- PE registration in the state of Pennsylvania is preferred
- Good organizational skills combined with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to follow instructions and complete assigned tasks with little supervision.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
- strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with clients.
- Be flexible and available to interact with customers as required.
- Take the initiative to identify and anticipate customer needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance, including long periods of standing during recruitment/job fairs.
- Movement through shops and field environments.
- A friendly, respectful environment
- Opportunity to work in a global community
- Pride in working for an industry leader in mining, aggregates, recycling and oil and gas (one of the top employers in Finland)
- Competitive healthcare options, 401K matching, flexible work schedules, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.