Contract position: Engineering & Construction client is looking for a Project Purchaser/Procurement Specialist for a long term Contract opportunity or a possible direct hire opportunity in Kansas City, MO. You need 2-5 years of direct purchasing experience supporting heavy industrial EPC projects. ** Hourly rate is commensurate with experience & education **
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 28 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Support multiple power generation, oil & gas, and similar heavy industrial EPC projects as a Project Procurement Specialist
- Execute and direct specific procurement plans and programs, to reduce costs to meet schedule requirements and ensure quality.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to procurement practice, mentor and guide less experienced purchasers
- Help prepare procurement documents and agreements
- Help with commercial bid evaluations of supplier proposals and coordinate technical evaluations and recommendations
- Manages supplier submittals to facilitate the execution of agreements
- Oversees the quality assurance and quality control activities and processes
- Evaluate and negotiate the procurement of equipment, materials, and subcontracts as assigned
- Lead in the proposal and selection process and facilitate pre-bid meetings
- Evaluate suppliers' overall performance and recommend and implement process enhancements.
- Review purchase order documents, procurement status reports and expediting reports for submission
- Submit comprehensive and complete procurement packages to the engineering group
- Present Project Procurement Status and Material Status Reports
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information