Our client, a leading distributor of metal in the Phoenix, AZ is seeking a talented Process Project Engineer to add to the team. This incumbent will be making engineering related and project management decisions that will impact the companys growth. You must have a minimum of 4 years in engineering project management in a manufacturing enviroment. A Bachelors Degree in Engineering is required and have experience in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing methodologies (A3). Having great energy and wanting to bring vibrant ideas is a big plus!
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
To be successful, you will bring your engineering and project management knowledge to meet the following goals in the stated timeframes:
- In your first 30 days and throughout the project, collaborate with the Operations team in Phoenix, AZ to help effectively manage the new build project. Successfully manage Phoenix new build project to meet budget. Incorporate lean principles and methodology to help optimize, lead, and provide supply chain solutions for current and future operations.
- Will evaluate and assess current conditions and operational problems by observing and studying for improved operational efficiencies and process improvements within the first 120 days.
- In your first 60 days, work closely with operations to enhance product throughput and quality integrity.
- In your first 6 months, meet with operations leadership to determine future growth and CAPEX projects to improve the overall customer experience, advance automation technologies, integrate engineering controls into processes that provide the highest safety and quality standards.
- In your first 12 months, you will assess and evaluate current design and equipment capability to help develop a plan that will specifically identify operational improvements.
- In your first 12 months, uphold and maintain Engineering design standards and will be responsible for engineering specifications, documentation, training aids, standardization, quality assurance, service delivery methods and cost /value analysis.
- Anticipates operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, equipment limitations, monitoring equipment performance.
- Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to unit design and modification teams. Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Ensures compliance with applicable standards, rules, and regulations. Assist in the management of system, equipment upgrades, expansions, and exchanges.
- Investigating complaints and suggestions; interviewing operations supervisors and operators; completing troubleshooting procedures. Identifies operational priorities by assessing operational objectives; determining project objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, environmental quality; estimating relevance, time, and costs.
- Develops operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and screening alternative solutions; calculating economics; determining impact on total system. Leads the development of capital project plans including project scope, cost/benefit analysis, design basis, success criteria, timelines, resources need, critical assumptions, commissioning/start-up plans; negotiates equipment and performance service contracts, and resolves issues associated with operational equipment and/or electrical control systems.
- Develops methods for collecting data regarding associate perceptions, concerns, issues and expectations and organizes them to provide senior leaders with information to make informed decisions about retention strategies, training, and organizational structure and succession planning.
- Assists with the technical support in the troubleshooting of all major equipment malfunctions.
- Provide reporting to leadership, analyze metrics, and develop action plans based on results.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information