We are actively seeking a talented individual to join our team as a Sr. Electrical Engineer within the thermal imaging technology industry for a contract-to-hire job opportunity. If you are actively looking for a new job and interested in this opportunity, please apply to the posting and we will be in touch with you soon.
location: Chelmsford, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
We are seeking an experienced, talented and self-motivated Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Electrical Engineering Department in creating world-class robotic systems targeted for the Defense and Security markets. The candidate must have broad knowledge and experience in designing and sustaining analog and digital electronics through concept, design, prototype, test, integration, and production. The successful candidate will work on a multidisciplinary team of highly-skilled engineers engaging in the analysis, design, documentation, testing, and manufacturing of complex robotic systems. This position requires excellent technical capabilities and communication skills.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- 8+ years of relevant experience with the following
- Design, implement, and sustain various processing, communications, and sensor interfacing solutions for complex robotic systems as a technical contributor on a multidisciplinary engineering team.
- Conduct design reviews and provide technical analysis and commentary on the system conceptual design and engineering specifications, schematic, PCB design, and verification phases of development.
- Deliver prototypes and shippable hardware at an accelerated pace to meet short-term customer obligations and achieve competitive advantage.
- Perform and document test and verification activities at the electrical circuit board and/or subsystem level.
- Coordinate activities between engineering and customers (both internal and external), suppliers, contract manufacturers, and test houses.
- Work independently on project tasks and in concert with other team members across multiple disciplines including mechanical, software, and systems engineering.
- strong knowledge and experience in robotic systems and subsystems.
- Hands-on experience with PCBA design verification and system integration support.
- Demonstrable ability to create detailed hardware and functional specifications, and design verification reports.
- Experience with schematic entry and printed circuit board design, preferably using Altium ECAD application.
- Flexibility and creativity in navigating semiconductor supply chain challenges.
- Experience with FPGA design and verification process, preferably targeted for Xilinx FPGA devices.
- Experience with circuit simulation tools (i.e. SPICE).
- Demonstrable knowledge of designing for EMI, EMC, and ESD compliance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of designing for manufacturability and testability.
- Experience with Product Data Management (PDM) systems, preferably PTC Windchill PLM.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BSEE or MSEE
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information