A leading manufacturing company in Milwaukee, WI is looking for a Quality Engineer to assist in the development of customer quotes relative to customer specifcations for outside services and purchased components. Develop, implement and manage the supplier quality audit process ensuring supplier compliance to control plans and customer specific requirements. Provide technical assistance during supplier launch, change-over, and ongoing production activities. Mitigate risks from supplier product or process change requests. Develop specifications for incoming inspection. Develop positive internal relationships and work closely with all disciplines to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, New Product introductions, and ongoing root cause and problem resolution.
location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
This position is responsible for ensuring quality and process stability through problem solving and continuous
improvement. Specific focus will be to ensure both internal processes and external suppliers of raw
materials, production components, and outside services understand and fulfill quality requirements and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development of customer quotes relative to customer specifcations for outside services and purchased components
- Develop, implement and manage the supplier quality audit process ensuring supplier compliance to control plans and customer specific requirements
- Maintain the supplier quality manual
- Provide technical assistance during supplier launch, change-over, and ongoing production activities
- Mitigate risks from supplier product or process change requests
- Develop specifications for incoming inspection
- Develop positive internal relationships and work closely with all disciplines to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, New Product introductions, and ongoing root cause and problem resolution
- Perform necessary laboratory services
- Organize 3rd party containment and sorting activities
- Problem Solving
- Lead investigations for supplier quality issues to determine root cause, identify and implement corrective actions, drive sustained long-term permanent and preventive actions
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of corrective actions of supplier quality issues
- Support ongoing continuous improvement efforts to improve customer satisfaction and reduce waste
- Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Manage Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities related to purchased items and services
- Define, translate, and interpret customer requirements into supplier specifications
- Review supplier Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) submissions and approve submissions where appropriate or work with suppliers to develop acceptable processes
- Work with Engineering to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
- Partner with Engineering, Purchasing and Manufacturing to successfully transition programs from development to production
- Planning for the Future
- Acquire/refine technical expertise on all current and future purchased materials, components, and outside services (excluding tooling); function as Subject Matter Expert
- Conduct R and D on external processes that align with strategic goals; Identify and qualify suppliers with desired capabilities
- Executing the duties of the position such that the focus is largely proactive versus reactive
- Ensuring suppliers are following approved processes, have self-auditing and corrective procedures in place, and follow a robust continuous improvement initiative
- Internal - Regularly interact with Purchasing, Quality, Engineering, Sales, Receiving and Manufacturing
- External - Regularly interact with all levels of suppliers and customers
Customer requirements will be met through effective execution of Res' QMS and documented
protocol in our Product Realization Maps, QOP's, QWI's, and forms. Should the appropriate process
owner be unable to determine final resolution to meet customer requirements, associates will default
to the Organizational Chart for escalation protocol.
- Minimum of five years experience in Manufacturing environment
- Experience with metals or metal related parts
- strong mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated understanding of quality tools such as FMEA, root cause analysis, statistical techniques
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use a variety of problem solving techniques, including 8D
- Experience with certified quality management systems (eg ISO9001)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mechancial Engineering preferred
- High level of competency in metallurgy and/or material science
- Technical knowledge of stamping processes
- Project management experience
- Experience in the automotive and electric vehicle markets
- Knowledge in GD and T
- Experience with surface coatings and heat treatment of steel
- Required Behavioral Competencies - Companywide:
- Adaptability - open to and actively solicit new ideas and opinions.
- Communication - demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional work groups both
- verbally and in writing. Excellent listening skills.
- Energy - have the stamina and endurance to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce.
- Initiative - proactive and takes action without being prompted.
- Learning agility - continuously seeks new knowledge, creates and fosters a culture of interest, curiosity and learning. Flexible to change, and learns from failure. Seeks to improve processes and products.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - identifies and solves problems, develops innovative solutions, acts decisively, and shows good judgment.
- Self-Discernment - knows personal strengths and limitations and works toward improving weaknesses.
- Team Player - respond to requests from other parts of the organization, and support larger legitimate
- organizational agendas.
- Visual Communication - appreciates the value of drawing a "story" to convey a message to others as opposed to using formal documents and verbal explanations.
- Required Behavioral Competencies - Position Specific:
- Business Thinking - sees the organization as a series of integrated and interlocking business processes. Understands general business concepts. Understands the financial framework of the organization. Establishes and monitors appropriate financial measures, using data to make informed business decisions.
- Conflict Management - support and manage differences of opinion. Use consensus and collaboration to debate and resolve issues.
- Diplomacy - skilled at handling situations without arousing hostility. Forge coalitions.
- Influence and Positive Impact - skilled at persuading, motivating, and energizing others at all levels.
- Passionate, personable, self-confident, and likeable. Able to flex style and direct, collaborate, or empower as the situation requires. Ability to establish a personal power base built on mutual trust, fairness, and honesty. Establish and maintain productive relationships and networks, utilizing them to facilitate business transactions.
- Organization and Planning - manage time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks.
- Potential - capable of assuming more responsible roles within the organization.
- Presentation Skills - written and verbal.
- Results Orientation - maintains appropriate focus on short- and long-term goals. Motivated by achievement, and persists until goals are reached, conveying a sense of urgency.
- Visioning and Strategic Thinking - imaginative, entrepreneurial and thoughtful, creating a vision of a preferred future and communicating it clearly and enthusiastically in such a way that others are attracted to it. Knows and understands the factors influencing strategy, and acts with the future in mind.
Computer Skills: In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD required. Experience with 3-D modeling
software, Microsoft Project, and quality software applications desired. (e.g. statistical analysis)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information