A Dev/Research Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Mossville, IL area. This position will process and analyze engine test data to ensure that data quality is acceptable and test is completed per intended objective.
location: Mossville, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $35.00 - 43.45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- This job role will work closely with technical and product lead to ensure that test deliverables are understood and documented properly which ensures that the proper test equipment (including test cell and instrumentation) is planned during the duration of the project.
- The individual is expected to work with test cell operators to provide a clear test plan on a daily basis.
- At the conclusion of a set of successful tests that accomplish the customer deliverables, this individual is responsible for documenting final engine control calibrations and provide regular updates to management and technical leadership on the progress of their projects.
- This person will be responsible for updating new calibration parameters correctly into new engine control software.
- The individual will then be responsible for communicating all results to the customer.
- This role will require developing strong peer relationships and collaborate with global teams.
- Process and analyze engine test data to ensure that data quality is acceptable and test is completed per intended objective.
- Help troubleshoot engine or test cell data quality concern
- Create test instruction and work with test operator to ensure that test setup is completed per requirement.
- Create report to summarize test results, conclusion and recommend next steps
- Collaborate in technical team meetings
Preferred: Masters' degree in mechanical engineering with 0-2 yrs with closely related engine exp (lab or course work)
Technical Skills Required: Understanding of diesel engine, familiar with mechanical/electrical test setup and data acquisition equipment, Working. knowledge of Microsoft tools.
Preferred: Experience with DIAdem, CANape, AVL Indicom, VBA
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information