A Logistics Inventory Control Analyst is needed for a the largest chemical producer in the world in the Champaign, IL area. This position maintains accurate warehouse inventories and conducts periodic cycle counts of finished and raw commercial & foundation seed, packaging materials (commercial & plot bags, minibulks), treating materials, pallets, and demo seed.
location: Champaign, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Will use prior experience with SAP to coordinate inventory logistics between transportation companies and warehouses. This coordination will often include inbound deliveries of supplies and planning warehouse space or equipment leases for crops such as soybean seed, cotton, and canola.
- Will assist with ensuring inbound/outbound delivery schedules for remotely housed inventory (soybean seeds) across dozens of client sites.
- Will support (STO) bulk and inbound and outbound delivery schedules daily.
- Will use the SAP tool YPRESCHD, to coordinate/update planned Stock Transfer Orders working with internal and external partners and adjusting activities based on changing production conditions.
- Will coordinate intracompany transfers (STO's) of finished and bulk products to other production sites or distribution centers.
- Will support the management of the CASS freight payment system regularly including reviewing and authorizing payments for freight activity associated with site. Will also reconcile issues which may cause payments to be blocked and involve appropriate partners as needed to gain resolution.
- Will analyze inventory discrepancies through reconciliation and work with logistics partners to investigate the root cause of variances. Correct discrepancies and determine if attributed to systematic or procedural non-conformance. Highlight the recommended corrective action.
- Will establish and maintain overall transportation metrics (volumes/costs) for the program
- Will perform analytical work assisting the Manager
- Will assist with the necessary ERP (SAP) inventory adjustments attributed to reconciliations, disposals, physical inventories, and cycle counts on a regular basis by coordinating counting efforts, reconciling counts to actual inventory, and reporting on accuracy bi-monthly.
- Will remain aware of seasonal peaks and the impact on distribution and warehousing.
- Will work with cycle counting while ensuring Multipliers have access to approved Client IT systems.
- Will resolve issues when there are shipping delays due to late arrival or non-arrival of an assigned carrier.
- Knows when to informs site management, regional warehouses, and distribution teams to resolve issues and reschedule load.
- Will analyze details when physical inventory does not match SAP reported inventory levels.
- Will assist with analysis and investigation to determine root cause. i.e., audit shipping/receiving documents to determine if a shortage occurred in transferring documentation to the SAP system.
- Will work closely with regional warehouse & distribution team to complete and document required adjustments whenever BOL does not match received goods.
- Will work with shipping point to resolve discrepancies as needed.
- Critical thin.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information