Great client looking for a highly motivated building mechanic. Candidate MUST possess a CFC Universal certification for this position. Ideal candidate will have expierence in the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of various MEP systems. Candidate should know how to troubleshoot HVAC systems. Find the root cause and replace a compressor, TXV, reversing valve and other HVAC components comfortably.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Permanent
salary: $72,000 - 72,800 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Qualified candidates must be highly motivated, proactive with maintenance of building systems, possess mechanical abilities, and demonstrate good communication skills (both oral, written and computer) to interact with all internal and external customers, model professional attributes that adds value to the Company.
- It is very important that the candidate be able to work effectively, productively and independently, exercise good judgment, take initiative to address & resolve issues, and perform many diversified tasks on a daily basis.
- Must take direction from supervisor and work in supportive role to maintain the building equipment.
- Maintain good tenant, supervisor and co-worker relations.
- Maintain professional appearance
- Provide guidance to other Engineering un-licensed team members for procedure and task associated with their duties and responsibilities.
- The position requires an individual with experience in the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of various MEP systems including, Central plan configuration, AC package units, VAV air distribution, cooling towers, pumps, building automation systems, DDC controls, air compressors, and pneumatic controls, life safety systems, generators, electrical distribution and luminary to accomplish the proper and efficient operation.
- Must be able to administer equipment/system PM program (Angus), to include printing, assist in coordination of staff to complete associated tasks, documenting readings/ issue and closing work orders.
- Possess trouble-shooting skills, be able to read equipment schematic and apply diagnostic logic and administer proper repair with limited supervision
- Be able to administer systems water treatment program.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs., bend,stretch and stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to work on a ladder, scaffold or lift.
- Be able to use hand and power tools
- Be flexible with the ability to work additional hours or adjust schedule if required.
- Required to be part of the after hours "on call" program designated for the building(s) assigned.
- Must possess a CFC Universal certification for this position. Other professional licenses (MD or VA Steam, HVAC or Electrical) are credited to the individuals experience and knowledge of the trade.
- Maintain completion of require training courses - safety and corporate
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information