A Project Manager is needed for a world class utility company in the New Albany, OH area. This position will manage one or more intermediate and/or complex projects (or program area of projects) within a matrix team environment. Provide leadership, direction, training, coordination, and effective communication to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close projects in a safe, efficient, economical, risk-balanced approach to achieve short and long range goals and to obtain maximum customer satisfaction.
location: New Albany, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $42.85 - 68.57 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and manage assigned project activities with demonstrated proficiency in all aspects.
- Manage, develop, review and coordinate the project plan, schedule, budget, tools, and staff. Effectively manage cost and timely reallocate funding.
- Effectively communicate project details and status updates. Lead planning meetings and project/outage updates including detailed and complex stakeholder presentations. Provide clear and concise written and oral reports and other communication.
- Develop and actively manage working relationships with the project team, plant and operating company staff, internal and external customers or partners , contractors, vendors, and suppliers. Foster teamwork and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Provide wide range of detailed guidance, instruction, and training to improve design, systems, procedures, processes, schedules, and costs. Confidently challenge others at a high level of informed understanding in all project work.
- Ensure maximum customer satisfaction and demonstrate effective and efficient performance of project work activities on complex project level.
- Proactively works with project teams to identify, document and prioritize project risks based on potential impact and likelihood.
- Leads project teams in developing creative/alternative solutions to mitigate risks and satisfactorily address issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Communicates key project risks and risk-mitigation plans to help ensure that projects achieve objectives.
- Work directly with project management leadership, team members and functional counterparts to facilitate industry standard risk analysis and risk management processes, identify acceptable levels of risk, and establish roles and responsibilities with regards to risk management.
- Facilitates the risk assessment process, including: communicating risk assessment timelines, tracking and escalating completion status, providing status reporting, providing guidance on how assessments should be completed
- Solves complex technical problems by providing leadership for developing project plans and their implementation
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or related field of study with five (5) years qualified experience or, two-year Associate's degree in the same required disciplines with seven (7) years of qualified experience (see below).
Licenses/Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred.
Education : Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or related field of study with seven (7) years qualified experience or, two-year Associate's degree in the same required disciplines with nine (9) years of qualified experience (see below).
Licenses/Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) is required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information