Large utility is looking for a Facilities Project Manager in Bay City, MI. The EPM Facilities Project Management organization is responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of capital and operations and maintenance projects to maintain safe and reliable facilities at existing Consumers Energy Service Centers as well as at Consumers Energy Gas and Electric Generation Plants across the state of Michigan to be prepared to serve our customers.
Qualified candidate should have a Bachelor of Science in engineering/business from an accredited college or university and 5 or more years of engineering/business experience with demonstrated capability to lead medium scale projects, simultaneously with multiple small scale projects. This is a contract position estimated to last 12 months, possible extension, possible temp to perm. Apply Now!
location: Bay City, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Plan and manage small to medium sized projects of low to medium complexity
- Provide a positive customer interface while addressing project scope, safety, quality, schedule, and cost issues. Direct high-quality communication with the customer is very important.
- Communicate effectively across a matrixed organization to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Work with support groups such as engineering, scheduling, cost controls, construction management, and startup and testing staff to ensure that proper alignments and support occur.
- Work with Architect/Engineering firms, vendors, and contractors to ensure high quality and timely support occurs on assigned projects.
- Provide weekly and monthly project status updates. These updates may be in the form of a report and/or presentation to leadership.
- Meet agreed upon scope, cost, schedule and quality objectives
- Develop and maintain project plans that provide timely deliverables to achieve project objectives
- Identify initial risks, issues and constraints impacting project execution
- Manage multiple projects at various stages of development concurrently
- Facilitate the flow of work during a project to ensure that it conforms to the project plan covering forecasting, scoping, planning, scheduling, execution and closeout
- Assume project communication lead role
- Validate financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
The selected candidate must have:
- 5 or more years of engineering/business experience with demonstrated capability to lead medium scale projects, simultaneously with multiple small scale projects
- Project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
Planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Communication skills including verbal, written, meeting facilitation and negotiation
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients
- A proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Communicating and reporting project status to senior leadership
- Project Management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience with Unifier or other Project Management Information System.
- Individuals must have a valid driver's license.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information