Industrial Electrician needed for a client in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. Must be fluent in spanish. This individual is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting all production equipment to maintain optimum operating conditions and plant productivity. Salary will be based on experience.
Fluent in Spanish
- At least 3 years of related electrical maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills in Spanish or English.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to read electrical and ethernet connection schematics
- Knowledge of PLC troubleshooting using software such as RS Logix 500 and 5000, Omron and Siemens
location: Melrose Park, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Perform work activities utilizing 120 V, 240 V, 480 V- and 24-volts DC
- Measure, cut, thread, bend, and assemble connections to control panels, junction boxes and electrical installation
- Troubleshoot motors and drives.
- Inspect, test and clean AC and DC motors and replace brushes as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair AC and DC motor controls, single and 3 phase electrical circuits, electronic drives, and PLC controls.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters and megohmmeters
- Operate high-lift equipment like forklifts, scissor, and boom lift
- Communicate essential information regarding incomplete repairs at shift change and any potential problems
- Connect Power Supply wires to machine and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines following electrical codes.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, PLC's and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wired cables.
- Replace faulty electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, motors, potentiometers and positions sensing devices.
- Perform routine inspections and preventative maintenance of assigned equipment like tight electrical connection, replace filters and clean inside the electrical cabinets
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.