A Mechanical Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Chillicothe, IL area. The main function of a mechanical engineer is to research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes.
location: Chillicothe, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 47.14 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Research, design, develop, manufacture, and test tools, engines, machines and other mechanical devices.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendation to maintenance crew.
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using tools, equipment or software.
- Component modeling and design may include castings, fabrications, stampings, injection moldings and PCBs.
- Utilizing 3D modeling programs to develop multiple concepts for various components and systems.
- Suggesting design strategies for components and systems.
- Reviewing and applying internal engineering standards to models and designs.
- Reviewing analysis results and applying to models and designs.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
- Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Top candidates will have experience with Creo based analysis tools such as Simulate, FloEFD.
- CAD modeling, concept modeling, detailing, self-starter.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
- 5-7 years experience required.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information