A Facilities/Maintenance Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Waterloo, IA area. This position will require working with machine maintenance skilled trades and manufacturing engineers to develop Preventative Maintenance Plans and enter those plans into SAP for maintenance scheduling and workload leveling.
location: Waterloo, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $26.38 - 39.29 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provides engineering design for the infrastructure for the facility, grounds and production equipment and processes through both internal and external resources.
- Projects are more complex and require integration and coordination of various engineering disciplines.
- Provides project management of projects related to the facility infrastructure, production machines, equipment and processes that support the manufacturing and/or distribution operation.
- Projects are more complex and may integrate several areas of engineering and require limited management of outside design professionals and contractors.
- Provides troubleshooting of the facility infrastructure and production equipment to support production, manufacturing, distribution and maintenance operations.
- Responds to critical production down situations affecting manufacturing and/or distribution operations.
- Maintains project budget cost control on projects assigned through project cost control system for the unit..
- Provides life, safety and building code analysis and supports and implements programs within the organization to prevent injuries and illnesses.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of potential environmental, safety, ergonomic and health hazards.
- Researches market for qualified suppliers of materials and services.
- Seeks competitive and negotiated sources for materials, equipment and services for maintenance and new construction projects assigned to engineer.
- Prepares purchase orders for management approval.
- Machine design & troubleshooting experience.
- Working knowledge of SAP or other computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- BSME, Engineering/Design Technology degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience writing maintenance procedures.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information