It's time to take control of your career. A growing firm in North Carolina seeks a Process Automation Engineer. Candidates should have a BS or Associate Degree in Engineering (electrical discipline) or equivalent experience will be considered. Prior work experience with controls and automation in an industrial facility is preferred. Should have knowledge of PLC architecture and programming. Proficiency in use of AutoCAD software is desired. Must be a team player. Salary and benefits.
location: Lexington, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Process Automation Engineer is responsible for design assistance, code development, and documentation of controls and automation in world-class Textile Finishing Equipment.
In this role the engineer will:
- Coordinate with design engineers in control systems development for new & existing machines, options, or configurations.
- Develop and customize control systems PLC logic and HMI source code.
- Install and test PLC and HMI code at our production facility prior to shipment.
- Incorporate VFDs and servo controllers in a multi-axis system for precise speed regulation and motion control.
- Participate in multi-discipline teams addressing specific design or process issues.
- Prepare and update machine documentation and procedures, as required.
- Participate in R&D projects.
- Interact with and lead Field Service Technicians in diagnosing and solving problems with existing equipment in the field.
- Assist with machine installation, commissioning, field troubleshooting, and customer training, as required.
- Be open to occasional travel.
- Become familiar with all safety and "best-practices" codes and guidelines (OSHA, CE, UL, NFPA, etc.)
- Conform to all company safety standards.
- Perform other duties/responsibilities as required.
- Perform all duties in a professional and competent manner.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information