Contract position: Client involved in industrial & heavy industrial EPC projects is looking for a Assistant Fire Protection Designer to support a project in the Bloomington, MN area. This position will Assist Engineers in design development and creation of specification of fire suppression and alarm systems on a wide variety of projects. Client is looking for Associate's or Bachelor's degree in drafting technology with AutoCAD or Revit Experience.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 26 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Produce construction drawings using AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Microstation, Smart Plant, PDS, and Revit.
- Assist Engineers in design development and creation of specification of fire suppression and alarm systems on a wide variety of projects.
- Perform hydraulic calculations and work with outside resources to incorporate special hazard systems.
- Assist in preparation of comprehensive fire protection packages including fire suppression, fire alarm, smoke evacuation, and life safety.
- Apply sound engineering principles to assist in troubleshooting and solving client related problems.
- Assist field personnel in resolving design related installation issues
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information