Client is in search of a Controls / Support Engineer within the Pittsburgh PA area. Candidates that are interested should have a 4 year degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university. Candidates should also have at least 1 year of hands-on experience with LAN/WLAN design, implementation, and administration. If you are interested in applying for this position please do so today and call us directly. Thank you!
location: MONACA, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
1. Actively support the Manufacturing organization through troubleshooting, problem identification and resolution. Depending on the complexity and urgency of the issue this activity may be direct hands on troubleshooting, leading electrical maintenance associates or a combination of both.
2. Support the operation of all plant Electrical and Control Systems by providing technical expertise and maintenance support to ensure maximum uptime.
3. Create capital project scopes, budgets, timelines, bid packages and coordinate internal and external activities to insure successful implementation. Projects will include facilities power distribution, automation and control equipment, motors,
lighting, telecommunications, Ethernet networking, and other building related electrical systems such as RF Scanning.
4. Actively seek to identify production and maintenance issues. Formulate and implement solutions to address these issues through a formal justification process.
5. Specify, quote and procure all goods and services necessary to complete assigned projects. Create bid packages for contracted installations including scope of work and drawing package. Ensure contractors adhere to terms and scope of work to avoid excessive change notices.
6. Maintain and enhance existing control systems by increasing functionality and reliability of these systems to improve items such as decreased setup time, simplified machine operation, ease of troubleshooting.
7. Use RSLogix 5, 500 and 5000 for Allen Bradley's family of PLC's including Control Logix. Implement systems with Compact Logix, HMI's, AC Drives, motors, instrumentation and control panels.
8. Upgrade and maintain the power distribution system from 23KV to 4160V distribution to 460/230V systems. Work closely with electric utility supplier to accomplish safe and issue free substation maintenance as required. Perform contracted breaker maintenance per recommended standards.
9. Maintain/update documentation including technical manuals and drawings for existing systems and new installations. Share this information with those who will need to use it.
10. Assists the Help Desk Team to deliver technology
11. Perform software configuration on stand-alone computers and laptops.
12. Assist with the deployment of new equipment and with software installations.
13. Assist in collecting information for the equipment inventory
14. Troubleshoot equipment such as printers and scanners and other peripherals.
15. Organize and maintain IT resources
16. Assist with current projects to include domain migration, transition to fiber network, setting up access points, employee equipment moves, paging system upgrade and ringer volumes for plant operations.
Should possess many of these technical skills:
1. Working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC's and Rockwell Automation programming software including Micrologix, Control Logix, Compact Logix, PLC 5, SLC 500, RSLogix 5, 500 and 5000, Panelbuilder, RSView Studio
2. Process instrumentation background
3. Knowledge of Intellution, Ifix HMI
4. Apply the NEC codebook for properly sizing wire and conduit for instrumentation, motors, drives, transformers, panelboards etc... including high temperature rated wire.
5. Application of Industrial Ethernet
6. Familiar with NEMA and IEC standards.
7. Proficient in the use of AutoCad for creating electrical and control one-line diagrams.
8. Knowledge of various lighting technologies, motor controls centers, UPS units.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information