An Engineer Associate is needed for a world class utility company in the New Albany, OH (hybrid) area. This position is intended to perform intermediate level engineering work activities and projects requiring the application of technically and economically appropriate engineering solutions and with consideration to employee and public safety, system reliability, standardization, ease of operation, and timely project completion within approved project schedules and authorized budgets.
location: New Albany, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $17.25 - 26.38 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Organize and develop validation packages for the TAPR Enhanced Needs Process within the region for the continued development of a flexible 5 year Transmission Portfolio. This will require an understanding of asset outage data, asset age data, asset condition data, and asset health data.
- Develop the C55 Platform within the renewal process in collaboration with the TAPR team. Learn and document best practices and efficiencies gained.
- Support the creation of BPIDs for the Enhanced Needs Process as well as for the Regional Failure Programs within IRR. Support the creation of master projects and updating of forecasts for failure work in EcoSys.
- Support and provide guidance for any internal or external data requests. This could include supporting rate case and commission filing RFIs, RTO Needs Submittal questions, and general data requests from Transmission Planning.
- Provide support for the TTMP (Transmission Telecom Modernization Program) Lead. This includes reviewing the TTMP work plan for potential overlaps from upcoming projects and Enhanced Needs Process Candidates.
- Technical Expertise: Possesses intermediate level knowledge and experience in the application of theory to solve well-defined problems or provide analysis, with guidance from higher-level engineers. Assists higher-level engineers in handling well-defined portions of more complex problems and analyses. Exhibits fundamental understanding of standards, codes and regulations relevant to the area of assignment. Gains familiarity with standards, codes and regulations relevant to the area of assignment. Gains familiarity with pertinent equipment, materials, systems and business processes.
- Leadership & Guidance: Coordinates work activities of others as required to resolve routine engineering tasks. Demonstrates working knowledge of appropriate policies and procedures; however, activities are generally monitored by higher-level employees to ensure work is performed in accordance with established guidelines. Performs work activities as assigned and coached by higher-level employees. Demonstrates ability to work with others in both supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary. Demonstrates willingness and capabilities to assume leadership roles.
- Planning & Organization Ability: Provides input to routine project planning documents related to scheduling and understands the use of scheduling techniques (CPM, PERT, flow charts, etc.) for budget and planning activities. Monitors project status and recommends action accordingly. Prepares cost estimates using established standards. Develops understanding of the workflow for routine engineering projects. Accomplishes work according to plans and schedules established by higher-level employees.
- Problem Solving & Initiative: Actively seeks out information and understanding of engineering problems and solution techniques applicable to area of responsibility. Applies basic techniques to perform analysis associated with the resolution of routine technical problems. Uses initiative in looking for opportunities and presenting new ideas and new approaches.
- Communication: Assists and participates in the preparation of reports and technical papers. Assimilates information and instructions readily. Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing and presents ideas clearly. Listens to and understands instructions, and requests clarification as required.
- Begins networking with peers to share information and encourage cooperation.
- Understands the agendas and perspectives of others.
- Develops effective give-and-take relationship.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a team player.
- Relates to people in an open, friendly, and sincere manner.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering in a program accredited by ABET.
- ABET - Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET).
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET).
- A Master's degree or PhD in engineering from a university with an ABET accredited Bachelor's program.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information