Our client, a leader in the air freight industry is seeking a talented AOG Desk Supervisor to add to the Seattle, WA team. This candidate will aim to find the fastest and most efficient way of shipping AOG shipments to the final destination per clients request, and provide customer service in regards to airlines, departures locations, trucking possibilities, counter to counter arrangements, hand carries and interline possibilities. Must have a minimum of 3 years in the freight forwarding industry with experience in handling air export and import. Minimum of 3 years of AOG Desk experience.
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Ensure proper handling of AOG shipments from pick up door supplier to delivery and ensure continuous information flow between shipper, consignee, customer and AOG Desk network.
- Organization and Coordination of Import/Export/Domestic AOG shipments (Aircraft on Ground) within network (National and Global), including hazmat cargo, oversize shipments, monitoring customs clearance with local branch or Remote Location Filing (RLF) department.
- Monitor & control AOG operations with Customers, Branch/Stations, network to ensure proper level of service.
- Ensure that daily data entry into the AOG Desk Log is performed, and that records are properly filed for continuity purposes and for review analysis by upper management when needed.
- Ensure information flow to/from Customers, to/from Local Branches and to/from Network via phone, fax, email, legacy system(s), and web based application (ATOL).
- Communicate with local branches, shipper, consignee, compnay network as necessary to ensure proper handling of shipments and on-time deliveries. This includes daily communication with parties such as co-workers, vendors, suppliers, customers, airlines, subcontractors, third-parties, and nationally & internationally based shippers.
- Coaching new team members as per the AOG Desk SOP and reinforcement training to existing team members to ensure that all staff is cross trained and able to back up one another (Captain / Co-pilot / office hours shift responsibilities)
- Ensure that the team members are motivated and performing and working as one in a respectful, pleasant and courteous working atmosphere through (but not limited to) monthly (or when needed) communication/meetings with current staff.
- Ensure the AOG Desk USA remains pro-active, the incumbent is responsible to/for reporting operational issues to management in regards to:
AOG Desk Team Members - USA local branches and stations Worldwide Network Suppliers / Vendors Customers
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.