Client is seeking a Product Engineer within the East Greenville PA area. Candidates that are interested should have a Bachelors of Engineering degree from an accredited program with 1-5 years of applicable engineering experience. Candidates that have recently graduated with a robust and applicable cooperative education and/or internship experience will also be considered. Project management experience may be essential for some assignments along with Lean principles, application, demonstrated proficiency in Pro-E modeling or other equivalent 3D CAD software. Candidates must also have furniture product development or commercial architecture experience along with manufacturing process knowledge or experience: Sheet metal; aluminum castings; aluminum extrusions; plastic injection molding; additive technologies. If you are interested in applying for this position please do so today and call us directly. Thank you!
location: East Greenville, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $78,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with industrial designers and Product Management to understand and implement the design vision and functional objectives of
- Applies learned engineering skills to work assignments.
- Applies problem solving skills and executes solutions to problems independently.
- Applies basic supply chain cost, value stream capabilities and economic principles.
- Works with and collaborates with functional team members (Project Management, Quality, Field Service, Operations, Supply Chain) to develop and improve products and processes.
- Follows engineering and quality processes.
- Seeks approval of budget owner using appropriate request process.
- Takes good notes, documents work and assumptions, creates reports and studies.
- Manage individual task work to meet project team objectives for budget and
- Communicate effectively with people at various levels including production, engineering, and management.
- Must be able to work well with and develop a partnering relationship with other team members.
- Seeks and receives mentoring from senior level engineering.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Research, investigate and understand product criteria, functions, requirements, and cost targets (customer criteria, performance requirements, build objectives, manufacturability, assembly, quality, craftsmanship, service, installation).
- Investigate and consider multiple solution alternatives for problems and concepts. Present solutions by evaluating the alternatives and tradeoffs, eliminating the weak alternatives, and improving the feasible
- Collaborate and communicate with project team members, other engineers, external experts, and industrial designers to share ideas and offer
- Investigate new or existing suppliers, materials and manufacturing processes that could provide
- Complete sketches, models, detailed engineering analyses and studies that support the development of new parts and products; specific tools include FEA, tolerance stacks, FMEA, kinematics, hand calculations.
- Develop and specify appropriate prototype fabrication processes and materials; coordinate the build of prototype products and the fabrication of prototype
- Evaluate and test concept models and prototypes against the project objectives, criteria, and
- Identify potential problems with new products and concepts and develop good corrective actions by following a rigorous problem-solving
- Solicit cost estimates for prototype and production
- Communicate clear, concise, accurate and detailed engineering documentation (Engineering Change Notices, Deviations, Test Requests, Model Shop Requests, drawings, instructions, e-mails, )
- Work directly with Performance Engineering to develop Performance Requirements and Test Plans; request or perform physical testing on parts and products then evaluate test
- Working with Mechanical CAD Designers - create, maintain, and release accurate 3D CAD models, part and assembly drawings, and installation instructions.
- Utilize a DFA thought process for new product development, work directly with Field Service personnel and travel to product installation sites as necessary to train installers and gather input.
- Develop BOM's and determine material specifications for prototype products and production
- Support the development of planning guides, technical specifications, product labeling and marketing
- Support the completion of PPAP and assure parts are properly released for production following MillerKnoll procedures.
- Work directly with manufacturing engineering, supply management, operations, and suppliers to refine product designs to optimize tooling and equipment; manufacturing processes, assembly and reliability; assist with evaluating potential part suppliers and tooling
- Work directly with Quality Engineering, Dimensional Engineers, and suppliers to refine product designs to achieve quality and craftsmanship
- Support operations and suppliers with problem identification, problem solving and operator training during pilot builds and launch
- Regularly review part and product designs with development team members, managers, designers and suppliers to solicit their feedback and suggestions for
- Maintain engineering notes, models, records, calculations and analysis' that demonstrate the progression of the product designs and review with lead
- Support new patent applications with staff
- Support other project team members and project activities that require input and task work from the product development engineer: project schedules, project budgets, CMF development, prototype builds, PR's, testing, supplier
- Must be able to assess priorities and determine course of action with minimal day-to-day supervision and be able to anticipate, recognize and respond effectively to changes which affect project plans.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.