Our client is one of the world's largest material handling companies, with a reputation for award-winning product design, advanced engineering and technology, and superior after-sale service. They are seeking a skilled candidate to provide hydraulic engineering expertise in the specification, design, development and product support of hydraulic systems for lift trucks.
Hybrid work, Relocation Assistance, and Sign on bonus available
location: NEW BREMEN, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Provide hydraulic engineering expertise in the specification, design, development and product support of hydraulic systems for lift trucks.
- Hydraulic System Design - Propose hydraulic systems to satisfy vehicle performance and reliability goals. Develop specifications to meet goals, design systems, and specify components. Oversee design activities necessary to develop, prototype, and launch an approved system and components in conformance with company and industry standards.
- Hydraulic System and Component Evaluation - Design specific testing as required to evaluate system and component performance, monitor testing, review and evaluate results, and compile related documentation. Make recommendations for component selection. Interface with internal and external suppliers to ensure performance and reliability goals are achieved.
- Hydraulic Component Research - Maintain an awareness of vendor product offerings and product development activities to support concept development activity. Search the field for particular components as needed to support system design activity.
- Project Leadership - Support supervisor with creation of project plans/schedules and provide status reports as required. Provide technical support to other engineers as required. Assist with creation of production test requirements.
- Miscellaneous - May lead/direct the work of others. Stay informed of advances and pertinent changes in hydraulic tools, processes, and technologies. Attend training courses, conferences and meetings on application of new technology. Review colleagues' designs. Support other functional groups such as test, service, legal, manufacturing, purchasing and vendors as warranted. Perform other duties as assigned.
Related Terms: Hydraulic Design Engineer, Hydraulic Controls Engineer, Hydraulic Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Product Engineer, National Fluid Power Association (NFPA), Internal Fluid Power Society (IFPS)
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related degree
- 2 years of experience with hydraulic systems (Salary will be commensurate with experience)
- strong mechanical aptitude demonstrated through work experience
- Good written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to occasionally travel with overnight stays (0-5%)
- Reliable transportation to travel locally between company locations during scheduled workday
- 4 or more years of experience with hydraulic systems, preferably in mobile equipment
- Ability to model hydraulic system response in MathWorks Simscape Fluids (SimHydraulics) or Easy5
- Experience analyzing the performance of hydraulic system designs
- Closed loop control system familiarity
- Knowledge of Unigraphics NX
Our client will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.