Industry leading and growng manufacturing company is looking for a promotable Production Supervisor in the Sarasota, FL area.
The hours for this position are Monday thru Thursday from 4:30 PM to 3:00 AM.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $65k to $72k plus an 20% annual bonus and relocation assistance.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Sarasota, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 72,000 per year
work hours: 3pm to 12am
education: High School
- Consult with Engineering, Software Specialists and End Users/Stakeholders to gather information about programming needs: goals, objectives, features, functions, as well as input and output requirements.
- Provides guidance and leadership to subordinate leaders to help them effectively plan work, direct team activities and establish production priorities. Actively drives and ensures all team members are engaged and focused on creating a safe work environment.
- Develops all team members and provides the proper training and tools to achieve quality at the source across the product line(s). Identifies specific operator knowledge/skill requirements and communicates recruitment and training needs to Human Resources and Workforce Development. Helps develop or revise standard operational and working practices and verifies that subordinate leaders require worker compliance with standards.
- Motivates and encourages all team members to actively participate in 5S initiatives, achieving/sustaining world class levels.
- Leads/facilitates continuous improvement activities to drive improvement in safety, quality, delivery and cost through Kaizen and other world class techniques. Coaches and encourages active participation by all team members in problem solving activities helping them develop their skills utilizing Lean tools.
- Drives and assures active team member involvement in TPM programs. Identifies, recruits and develops employees as future leaders.
- Collaborates with Marketing, Engineering, Finance, and other functional areas as necessary to help implement new products and product improvements. Participates in meetings with key personnel to review, discuss and refine the product's definition; to formally review the proposed product designs and refine for improved manufacturability; to review fabrication equipment and process and refine/alter for improved manufacturability; review process flow line layouts, time standards, and production scheduling.
- To support new product introductions, provides sample products and participates in equipment qualification/buy-off procedures. Ensures proper support/coordination of line trials and production training including start-up and debug. Participates in post-project evaluation of new product introductions.
- Plans production operations, ensuring priorities, sequences and operational schedules for manufacturing products in accordance with company practices. Reviews production and operating reports to help determine operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems.
- Confers with subordinate leaders and co-workers in Customer Service, Materials Management, Engineering, EC, Quality and Transportation to help determine appropriate solutions to short- and long-term problems in meeting production requirements. Researches and helps develop short- and long-term improvements to manufacturing processes to maximize efficiency, improve throughput and maintain safety.
- Provides positive and negative feedback to employees verbally and in writing. Documents feedback through Confirmation of Conversations (COC). Conducts or participates in annual performance reviews for employees.
- Leads salaried leaders, hourly leaders and hourly employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Three to five years of manufacturing leadership experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Word/Excel)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred
- Experience in lean manufacturing and world class manufacturing best practices
- Ability to motivate and lead teams of salaried and hourly leaders and employees.
- Ability to develop and coach team members.
- Ability to analyze data and develop data-based solutions.
- Must be able to work without supervision and manage under stress to meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills to communicate effectively at all levels of the Company.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.