Packaging Engineer needed for immediate direct position in the NYC area. The Packaging Engineer supports new product launches and product line maintenance across multiple brands from design brief to production execution as well as management of post launch quality or line maintenance. The right person for this position will have a knack for detail, a passion for success and superior communication skills. Must have proven knowledge of product packaging as well as the product development that drive it, Candidate must have an engineering degree along with a minimum of three years experience. Apply now for immediate consideration.
location: NEW YORK, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop secondary packaging per Creative design turnovers to facilitate dieline and CAD structure submissions and subsequently drive approval with brand
- Facilitate package color development starting with Creative color target, utilizing rounds of color submissions per component/project timeline, driving an approval with brand, and finally establishing a color rangeboard for subsequent productions.
- Create/update BOMs (Bill of Materials) for new/existing products to support a variety of situations (e.g. new launch, artwork updates, material changes, packout improvements)
- Oversee the review, approval, and validation of packout proposals from vendor, and subsequently retrieve pallet patterns from internal or external manufacturing sites
- Foster relationships and collaborate with Project Management, Product Development, Marketing, and Creative, to drive a successful launch
- Resolve quality issues for new development and existing products (e.g. label adhesion, leakage, etc)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.