Contract to Hire position: Client involved in federal and aviation engineering & construction projects is looking for an Assistant Construction Project Manager for their project at the JFK airport. You will work onsite at JFK daily (not a corporate office). You need to have at least 5 years of MEP experience ideally on commercial buildings, aviation facilities, airports, and similar areas. Your main area of focus will be on MEP type projects. Our client is looking for candidates that are local to the area.
location: Jamaica, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide support for the project manager from development, construction and closeout including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout.
- Maintain clear lines of communication and relationships between project site, project office and clients.
- Help drive project schedules and manage scope
- Provide support in maintaining detailed, accurate project cost forecasts and accruals
- Work closely with the Project Team to confirm deliverables and services are being provided to clients satisfaction
- Report regularly to the Project Manager on construction progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring home office support
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.