Seeking a Quality Engineer for a high growth government contractor in the Fitchburg, MA area.
The Quality Engineer would be responsible for the quality system and its development as well as supporting product quality improvements and initiatives. Develop, maintain and deploy quality plans and activities that translate customer requirements into planned activities
location: Fitchburg, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for quality system development and supporting product quality improvements
- Develop, maintain and deploy quality plans and activities that translate customer requirements into planned activities
- Ability to work independently and to provide technical training and mentorship to junior engineers, technicians and inspectors
- Perform analyses of program requirements and prepares responsive quality plans, procedures, schedules and resource allocations to assure optimum quality support
- Review and approve engineering/test and contractor documentation and provide input to assure that appropriate quality requirements are addressed
- Provide ongoing quality system support to include performing internal audits, ensuring implementation of root cause corrective actions
- Lead product quality improvement teams, Material Review Boards and participates in Failure Review Boards
- Evaluate and dispose of non-conforming material
- Provide technical support for Assembly/Test/Inspection personnel to include executing workmanship improvement plans, developing inspection methods and criteria, specifying appropriate sampling plans, interpreting and revising specifications, and processing non-conforming materials
- Lead in resolving customer quality issues and driving root cause and corrective action on process and product quality issues
- Assist in developing and deploying SPC initiatives
- Analyze and execute projects independently
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.