Our client, a manufacturer of different types of oversized vehicles (buses, RVs, fire trucks, etc), is seeking an Electric Vehicle Systems Engineer to contribute their ongoing development and application of EV technology to their buses at their Inland Empire, CA production facility. A BSEE or similar, and at least three years of experience with electric propulsion systems and associated high-voltage components, EV charging standards, etc are key requirements. Exposure to CAD software, INCA, Matlab, or similar is a big plus. Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates.
location: RIVERSIDE, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 185,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Research to create the Customer Wide, Application Duty Cycle, for the Engineering Team to design to.
- Lead the development of the vehicle, sub-system, and component-level electric propulsion technical requirements.
- Ensure vehicle requirements are properly balanced with system capability for all operating conditions.
- Lead the development of the system DMFEA.
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards including AutoSar, FMVSS, high-voltage safety, and electric charging standards.
- Develop vehicle architectures from system conceptual level to component selection and integration.
- Work with vendors to identify and develop innovative, cost-effective solutions
- · Ensure product is designed to meet reliability, serviceability, recyclability, and manufacturability objectives.
- · Serve as a technical expert on batteries, charging, and drive components in electric vehicles.
- · Hands-on support of the integration, development, and testing of electric vehicles, including on-site support at customers, suppliers, and test facilities as required
- · Maintain an awareness of how assigned tasks impact schedule, scope, budget, and quality at every stage of development, from concept to end of life.
- · Drive continuous improvement to electrical best practices by evaluating industry tools and techniques, collaborating with the Electrical and Software Engineering team to discuss implementation.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.